Special Issue: Future-Ready Geography
The European Journal of Geography invites submissions for a special issue in connection with the EUROGEO Annual Meeting and Conference 2023 in Krakow to promote a future-oriented exchange and discussion among scholars from all sub-disciplines of geography as well as geography teachers and faculty leaders on how geography as a science and school subject can prepare for the "future"
We invite contributions that address the future of the science of geography. This includes, but is not limited to, research on:
- What theoretical concepts and paradigms will dominate geographic research and geographic education research in the future?
- What are the critical issues and challenges for geography as a discipline and school subject in the near future?
- What is the role of geography in preparing society for the future?
- What issues will be central to geography as a forward-looking science?
- How should geography as a science and school subject respond to environmental, socioeconomic, and political issues of global, regional, and local importance in order to effectively use its potential as an applied science?
- What methods, techniques, and tools of data collection and analysis efficiently support geographers in conducting forward-looking research and predicting ecological and social change?
- How can the position of geography as a science and school subject be strengthened today and in the future?
We welcome contributions from a variety of disciplines, including human, environmental, and physical geography. Authors are encouraged to submit their papers prior to the annual conference in Krakow. The usual peer review process will be followed.
Deadline for submissions: July 15, 2023
Please submit your manuscript via the European Journal of Geography online submission system (click here), following the guidelines for authors on the journal website. When submitting your manuscript, please do not forget to click on the Special Issue button on the first page of the submission process. If you have any questions about the special issue or the submission process, please contact EJG secretary at email@example.com